Saturday 8 October 2011

"Bank of America Digital Bank Run, BOA Site Suffered Overuse Outages Past 6 Days"


I ‘m not sure how credible this is - but it is a possibility that a six-day closure of B of A’s online banking system could be due to a digital bank run.




FOLLOW-UP: I picked this up - it comes originally from a post on Zero Hedge
"Just returned from Bank of America where I closed an sizeable account open for quite a few years. I waited while three other people did the same thing.

"Why are you closing your account ?" the "Personal Banker" asks.

My sugar-coated response: "Your fee structure is crazy, Your stock price is crashing, your website is crashed, the bank is up to its blind eyeballs in derivatives, and I am skeptical that BofA is 'too big to fail.' I want to get out while the getting is good." 

Personal Banker responds with a Wince, a painful grimace, a long contorted look of absolute bowel-driven agony and then.... "Well the Show Must Go On. ¿ How would you like your money, in 20's or hundred's ?"

My response: "I will take whatever is on sale." Account closed. FIve people waiting behind me, no doubt attempting to do the same thing. 

Must just be a coincidence.

ALCOHOL, TELEVISION, ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT BUFFETS, BUT ABOVE ALL:::
FAITH IN THE SYSTEM"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.