Saturday 22 December 2018

The weird sky above Lower Hutt, New Zealand


I have noticed for some time how radically the skies have changed here in New Zealand. It is probably what people have noticed long ago in North America, Europe and elsewere.

I have noticed the preponderance of cirrus cloud which seems to be affecting sunlight on clear days but it really hit me when looking through tinted glasses.

The entire sky was covered in cirrus cloud.

Afterwards I felt a constricted throat and very affected emotionally.


Weird skies above Lower Hutt, New Zealand



I have never seen skies like this until very recently and it has gone with the disappearance of dark, starry nights.

When one looks at this phenomenon, which occurs every time the sky is clear, through tinted glasses one can see that the entire sky is obscured by what seems to be cirrus cloud.

Even the cumulus cloud looks different - as if we were in the tropics.

Subjectively, it feels as if the Sun has less strength in it. What I would do with a photometer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.