Sunday 6 April 2014

More denial from GWFOTD

Get a grip loser!”
More on Scientific debate” on Facebook

Seemorerocks



There has been a very interesting thread on Facebook as a result of Guy McPherson's excellent interview on the Big Picture.

As usual, John Irving, Larry Lazar from GWFOTD and others have been on the attack against Guy and accusing everyone except for themselves.

John was upset with the fact that I had “once again” mangled the neme of his beloved Facebook page – misnaming it Climate Change Fact of the Day.

I apologise for this unforgiveable error!

He is also upset that I reproduced our Facebook 'coversation' (unedited), despite the fact that the comments are open for any one of 7 billion people to view – or would have, if the editor of the Facebook page not done the sensitible thing and removed the comments, which ended with my being told “

Says John Irving: “That blog post should be taken down immediately …...If that blog post is not taken down Robin I will start by reporting it to Facebook. Start.”

Seeing John is so upset I will fulfill his wishes and remove the item from the blog.

He is still adamant that he is being personally abused – perhaps not agreeing with his definite point-of-view or insisting that he answer question amounts to abuse.

And what are we to make of comments like, Get a grip loser”?

I'd better check that I've quoted that correctly lest I be accused of misquoting.

None of this matters in the end – whatever any of us think about the matter, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

However, a bit of civility in the meantime might be nice.

In the meantime I'm still left wondering what exactly IS it that so hits a nerve in these people?


In the meantime, why not look at two people who do make sense

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.