Sunday 16 December 2018

What is CAMS (Copernicus)


Reflections on the past few days
Here is the ‘new-look CAMS, which makes everything look "OK". This is FRAUD.

Via Facebook

 I have been reflecting on some of what has been said, and what has not been said over the last few days about CAMS (Copernicus) and methane levels.

I am sorry to say that, having spent some time looking at data with Margo I can say that some of the words being written flow from the pen too quickly and do not, unfortunately, always coincide with the truth.

Sam Carana, whom I admire greatly and have always taken at face value has written some things in comments that I would be hard-pressed to put my fingers in but which I can remember clearly.

It was, more-or-less a criticism of CAMS. He stated that CAMS does not provide data (and it is true it does not give raw, numerical data) but ONLY PROVIDES FORECASTS.

This is simply not true as anyone who wants to check will find out.

It usually has several (representing 3 or 4 days) based on ACTUAL data. The rest is from a FORECAST PERIOD.

He also said that it underestimated amounts of methane in the atmosphere.

That is really weird because I could never have come to my conclusions about a rapid increase in methane emissions over a short period of time without it. It was the colour schemes and the fact that we had records (the data disappears quickly and there is no archives- this, along with the absense of numerical data is is a weakness for sure.

I couldn't have done so by looking at the NOAA data which is possibly a reason why no-one has seen this apart from the super-careful and observant Margo.
 
Obviously I am still upset from Paul Beckwith's videos on this and it is all looking a bit like sour grapes from people who like the information to come from 'authorities'.

In my view, some of these 'authorities' have been caught with their pants down by a couple of rank amateurs who noticed stuff that eluded others.
No one has been able to prove that we are wrong but choose to ignore what we have done.
My original piece on this is here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.