Friday 6 October 2017

Faster Than Previously Expected

Exponential Disaster

5 October, 2017

These days climate disruption leads to an exponential occurrence of disasters. Hence, I am talking with the American disaster manager Nick from ReliefAnalysis. I talk with him about different phases of disaster management, about exponential extreme weather events and about a hospice situation.





Nick


Nick has Turkish roots, an Asian wife and two children, well, he is a family man.

humanitarian evolution

On his website reliefanalysis.net he writes:
From 2004-2006, I served for a disaster management think tank located in the Pacific Islands. That experience exposed me to the geopolitical, sustainability, and overall survival of  Pacific Island Nations and cultures ...
I have degrees in geography and international relations, and what I studied decades ago is woven into the fabric of this site and my interests.“

Nick had some very interesting interviews in his ReliefAnalysis podcast series. Now there is a break in this series, I hope we‘ll hear further episodes.
Here are some headlines of the last weeks, now early in Oktober 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.