Saturday 2 March 2019

Living with uncertainty in the face of death

AS IF – One Year to Live


Fasterthan Expected,
1 March, 2019

If you try to accept that even the human species will go extinct in a short period of time, you may be confronted with uncertainty. How will extinction happen? Nobody of us has any experience with that. Uncertainty is hard to endure.


Do a thought experiment with me and find out what death – knocking on the door – wants to tell us.


Life is to short for later


I have heard an audio book: Alexandra Reinwarth „Life is too short for later“ (only in German available). She describes how she and her circle of friends is confronted with another friend getting a new cancer diagnosis. Everything that is important in life stands in a different light. She decides to make a self-experiment. She gives herself a fictitious date of death in about a year.


I have chosen a fictitious death date for me too. February, 7th 2020 is my last day.
In this episode I tell a little story about this date.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.