Wednesday 20 March 2019

A reflection on the past few days and what is to come


A reflection on the state of the world and the events in Christchurch after a brief respite




I have just returned from a brief holiday – the first time I have been away in 2.5 years – staying in a cottage on the edge of the Tararua mountains just a couple of hours away.


I was starting to feel very overwhelmed with the acceleration of events and my inability to keep up with it all especially with my health only allowing me to concentrate for short periods of time.

And then came the Christchurch massacre.

I really needed a chance to get away and to reflect on things.

That's not quite how things turned out. I felt practically unable to do anything, especially THINK. Apart from anything it was very hot – a heat I had not felt in our cooler house all summer.


We were both woken up by heat after midnight – it was hotter at that time of the night than when I went to bed and when I got up in the night.

We got up to find the full moon surrounded by a red halo and by clouds that we have only seen once before in our lives - a few weeks ago.

We are only a few weeks away from Easter which was a time we would go tramping (hiking) in the nearby Tararuas. We would have been in sleeping bags with silk inner lining. The conditions would be cool and pleasant.

To experience such heat was an unpleasant revelation.

The other things was the insects – or the lack of them. During the 24 hours I was there I saw a solitary bee, a couple of day-time moths and some sort of solitary beetle. There was no sign of the nocturnal moths which would fly around drawn to the light or of biting insects.

That's a contrast to when I was younger and one would have to clean the dead bugs off the windscreen after driving at night.

There seemed to little sign of life and what is stranger is that there is probably more insect life in our surburban garden than in the backblocks close to the forested Tararua range.


But, just like the geoengineered skies above us no one seems to notice.

Another shock for me was my own health that was terrible for the entire time I was away. Getting away from computer and wifi didn't revive me and I found myself unable to engage with anything much and certainly not the thinking and reflection that I was suspecting.

.

One line of thought that did come to me was about the nature of Right vs Left.

The Left, which I have identified with, has at its assumptions both social and economic progress and justice for all, especially the vulnerable.

In the current era in which we see a decline of habitat for humans and other species on an overpopulated world, the end of growth and problems wherever you look – plastics in the ocean, Peak Oil, deforestation and the extinction of species at an unprecedented rate – and a world moving towards war and tyranny.

In the midst of this the Left, most especially the Liberal Left (which could be described as the Extreme Centre) is in total denial. You can't even talk about climate change unless you start with 'SOLUTIONS'. So you adjust the description of the problem to fit the narrative – something that I call LYING.

With the Right you can't even talk about climate change – they have a more crude form of blanket denial which the Left hates mostly because the globalist 'solutions' and the 'new economy' don't come into it.

For the first time ever I am seeing opposition to the war coming from the 'Right' where the Liberal Left these days embraces war (against Syria, against Venezuela, whereever…. They embrace the corrupt Swamp of Washington DC, the CIA, FBI etc which they used to, at least pretend to hate.

They describe things quite accurately when it comes to, say, the migrant crisis in Europe and elsewhere. But really they miss the wood for the trees. They are able to DESCRIBE but are unable to divine the essence of the problem – that we are closer than we know to what I might call PEAK HUMANITY.

Its all downhill from now – more quickly than almost anyone is prepared to admit.

But we have a THIRD GROUP – a very small group of people that are more-or-less free of the right vs left paradigm and are mostly systems thinkers who are able to various degrees, to join the dots and recognise what is happening to humanity.

I began the process of transitioning to this way of thinking through my association with Mike Ruppert and subsequent years.

Not only Mike but just about everyone that I look up to is now described as “Right” or “far-right”.

They include just about anyone who is opposed to war, and to imperialism or even talk about certain topics.

This includes Dmitry Orlov, James Howard Kunstler ( everyone in the Peak Oil movement,except for those who have jumped to the liberal Democrat camp),anyone who tells the truth about the war in Syria, Russiagate, the Security State – the list goes on.

It was a shock for me to find, on a Wikipedia search, that many of the people I look up to – from Carl Jung, to Joseph Campbell (of the Power of Myth) and Richard Adams (author of Watership Down) are described variously as crypto-fascist, nazi, anti-semite, racist or misogynist.

But then where are we when some of the great works of art in America (and I think of To Kill a Mockingbird immediately) are described in this matter and there are calls for their banning.

We are living in an age of the destruction of art and culture, of religion,the family – in favour of anything that anything that acts as a glue that holds society together.

This much I have, increasingly in common with conservatives.

That would take us back to the impossibility of “human progress” (if that is what it can be described as) in a world and society that is DEVOLVING.

In the time left to humans in frightening times we need as much as much social glue as we can muster. But instead of that it is all being taken away from us by forces that I can only describe as demonic.

It is no wonder that people everywhere are confused and angry – above all, angry.

And I think it is designed that way

Which brings me to the Christchurch shooting.

Every time one of these shootings happens I find myself wanting to believe a straightforward a narrative of a lone gunman or whatever but every time I am shaken out of my unreality by some evidence or other which always turns out to be of the same nature.

So that says something about me and what I WANT to believe – and its certainly not “false flags”or complicated scenarios involving foreign intelligence agencies!

I had been sent the “livestream” from the killer, Brenton Tarrant, within a couple of hours of the news of the shooting


So,although my first reaction was of numb shock a night's sleep brought some clarity. I recollected the video and realised that it lacked everything you would expect to see in a mass murder carried out with a machine gun. Blood. Lots of it And what blood there was was pretty unconvincing. A pile of bodies lying together, all with their faces away from the camera.

No blood. No bullet holes. No nothing.

This was reinforced in photos I saw this morning on FB with blood -stained carpet where the massacre had happened.

And then there was the empty floor in the video.

The other thing that bothered me was an interview shown on TVNZ where a Muslim lady revealed that Tarrant had given notice of his intentions 3 days in advance and that this information had been given to the police who then took in excess of 40 minutes to arrive at the scene that was at most 10 minutes from police HQ and the hospital is 2 minutes drive from the Hagley Park mosque.

Since then there has been lots more evidence come in which opens the whole official narrative open to question.

There are very few things that I can say for certain.

The first is that there was a very genuine mass killing at the al-Noor mosque in Christchurch.

The second is that as far as a record of a killing the video that was livestreamed is not what it would seem. It appears to be some amalgam of genuine material and other stuff that is completely bogus – fake.

Why then, would the authorities be so anxious to remove all traces of a video which seems to have as much in common with a video game as anything – something that is very difficult to do – even within this country.

Which was why I was so shocked (but not in the least surprised) by news that on both sides of the Tasman governments are asking for regulation of the internet so that their citizens cannot get get to the truth.

That is the end-game.

There are lots more anomalies that have been discovered and are still waiting to be discovered. Apart from what I have done already (which maybe too good for my own good) I do not want to get too far in speculating what in fact happened, There is such a wealth of information and disinformation out there it is hard to see the wood for the trees.

Apart from describing what we know for certain I am unwilling to get into jumping to conclusions about “false flags” (although that is the direction the evidence seems to be pointing) and certainly not saying it is all about gun control or the like.

One of the emotions that I have felt around this is fear. Fear and consternation that this should be visited on this previously peaceful country that was known more for its flightless bird, rugby football and 60 milliion sheep.

This has happened in my city Christchurch, already traumatised by earthquakes and the subsequent disaster capitalism that has bee visited upon us.

I can't help expecting a rude knock at the door or my access to information and the internet taken away.

Given the headlines from just today with calls for a regulated internet and threats of revenge against NZ from both Erdogan and ISIS. All of this puts this isolated little country in the middle of the Pacific Ocean into the centre of things.

Fear has taken hold of the country and when there is fear people lose their abiltity to keep a cool head and think rationally.

As if it wasn't happening already this is going to destroy friendships and relationships and the people who are looking a little further will be vilified in a certain way that is similar to the treatment meted out to conscientious objectors in the world wars of the 20th Century.

An indication of this intolerance was when the mayor of Lower Hutt was crowing about the creation of a new sports arena and how wonderful everything was. When I sent a message lamenting the loss over 12 years of all our vegetable shops, all our butchers, our local EFTPOS machine and many other things he came back with a clearly angry response - “if you don't like it here you can move somewhere else”.

Now I need to think about this blog that I have been engaged with every day for 8 years. I no longer have the wellness or the energy to keep up with anything like the frequency or intensity I have in the past. Quite apart from that I am not at all sure how long it will be possible to speak out in anything remotely like a free manner.

So my intentions are to take a step back and post less frequently than I have before and limit myself to what I think is most important.

That means that I can't possibly keep up with the main news of the day. With the quickening of events, the censorship and censorship – along with my own major health concerns – that is becoming less possible.



1 comment:

  1. Robin, 1080 is an insecticide so lack of insects in bush not surprising. The extra heat could just be trapped pocket if air perhaps? In France insect diversity is apparently suffering but where I am normally masses of butterflies and bees and I often see large hawks. Birds are busy at present and making lots of noise. For Chrustchurch I agree, it does seem partly fudged. Where are the main gunman's accomplises and why be so determined to hide the footage. The video of 2 girls beheaded in Morocco is still out there and most people as I would choose not to look at it. Same as Nice attack...we were able to contemplate the absourdity of that massive white delivery truck out and about after 9 on a national holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.