From Vanessa Beeley
Just did an interview on Al Mayadeen and this is what I learned from the other guests in Damascus and Jordan about #WhiteHelmet exodus from S. #Syria - Dr. Turkie Hassan from Damascus ( a researcher ). Dr Hayat Atiyah al-Houwaiyek from Jordan ( a writer and researcher ). :
1. Out of the alleged 800 White Helmets who were given "exceptional assistance" by Israel - only 442 have actually arrived in the camps in Jordan.
2. According to intelligence on the ground, reality is that more than 3000 "exceptional" refugees have actually transited into Israel.
3. Does this mean that more than 2,500 were either Israeli affiliates & proxies who have been repatriated to Israel, EU Special Forces who will return home from Israel or Gulf State intelligence and military entities who will also return home from Israel without needing to transfer to Jordan?
4. Nationalities involved are said to be UAE, Qatar, Saudi. Most were not Syrian.
5. These "exceptional" refugees would not accept Amnesty and be evacuated to the North as this would mean they would have to undergo inspection of their equipment and nationality which would expose the regime change coalition states who were controlling them.
6. Of the 442 who have arrived in Jordan, Germany has committed to taking 50, Canada has suggested it will take 250... so how many will France and the UK take?
Israel evacuates the White Helmets from Syria (Video)
22 July 2018
The Israeli occupation army announced the evacuation of more than 800 members of the White Helmets, better known as Al-Qaeda’s humanitarian wing, to Jordan, with Amman claiming it had struck a deal for them to be resettled in the UK, France and Canada.
Jordan says it has struck deal for rescuers and families to be resettled in UK, Canada and Germany
The UK is willing to offer asylum to some of the 500 members or relatives of the Syrian volunteer civil defence forces known as the White Helmets who have been rescued from Syria and evacuated to Jordan, the Guardian has learned.
The White Helmets and their families were evacuated by Israeli defence forces on Saturday night, crossing from northern Israel into Jordan at three points. The Israelis had initially put the numbers evacuated at 800, but later the figure was revised downwards by James Le Mesurier, a former MI5 officer who is considered to have founded the group in Turkey in 2013.
He said on Sunday that 422 people were rescued, including 98 White Helmets. As many as 800 others did not manage to escape or chose not to do so.
The Israeli operation was carried out at the request of a number of countries including the UK, the British foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, and the international development secretary, Penny Mordaunt, said in a joint statement. Evacuation plans were drawn up after discussions at the recent Nato summit....