Thursday 14 March 2019

Facebook has been down globally today

Facebook Not Allowing Posting. Did you think it was a block of your Favorite Site


By Rob Kall


Op-Ed News,
13 March, 2019

So, it appears that Facebook is down. Try to post an article to the site and you get a message that there's a problem. When I experienced this I thought that Facebook had finally gotten around to blocking my site. I was anything but alone. Many people thought the same as me. This tells me that Facebook could soon reach a tipping point where people of all ideologies don't trust and strongly dislike them, even worse than it has seemed.

I tried to post an article from OpEdnews.com from my computer. No luck.

I tried to post an article from OpEdNews.com from my mobile phone. No luck.

I thought of the news I received the other day that ZeroHedgefund.com had been blocked from posting content by Facebook. This felt like the same thing. But ZeroHedgefund.com had received a message that it had violated community standards. I wondered if the same thing was happening to my site. Was Facebook blocking posting because of some policy violation they'd cooked up?

I called our webmaster, he assured me this was happening at Facebook's end, not the fault of OpEdNews. So I went to Twitter to check and did a search on "posting to facebook." Sure enough, a whole lot of tweets like this came up.



But there weren't just postings that informed us that Facebook posting was not working. A lot of people were thinking that maybe it was their turn, that they were now ALSO being banned or blocked or censored by Facebook.




@facebook preventing me from posting the following message... disgusting facebook bias... I can understand @RahulGandhi blocking me on but not the site preventing me to post anything about him or his misleading statements to the public...

See Sanjay Ahuja's other Tweets



What a crock of ,+. Facebook is blocking all Conservatives today. Won't let you post or respond. FB needs to be closed down permanently. POC.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.