Wednesday 7 November 2012

US election tweets


US Elections: Voters On Both Sides Threaten To Move To New Zealand


7 November, 2012

American voters are taking to Twitter to indicate a desire to move overseas should their favoured candidate not triumph in today's election. Some have chosen New Zealand.

New Zealand's political system is generally considered to lie on the left of the United States' – like most of the developed world. For example, New Zealand has gun control, a state-run health system and is about to vote for same-sex marriage.

So one side of this argument might be considered more sensible than the other, but we're prepared to consider all comers.

Update: During election-day coverage Fox News pundit Bob Beckel promised/threatened to move to New Zealand if Romney wins:

Chuck Blevins@Maverickjct
@DanaPerino @greggutfeld I'm in Illinois so I wasn't gonna vote but since Bob said he'd move to New Zealand if Romney wins im voting!


Kyle@kbrad1991
If Obama wins I'm moving to New Zealand

@LindsayCarter7
If Obama wins I'm moving to New Zealand. I'd like to keep the money I make, thanks
7 Nov 12

Jennifer Walling @jennnnnnniferw
Daddy said "if Obama wins I'm moving to New Zealand to herd cattle" hahaha he isn't lying either


Christian Bako@christianbako
My dad said that we're moving to New Zealand if Obama wins tomorrow. Lets go, Barack.


Madison Campbell@MaddieJane2121
My dad said if Obama wins we are packing our bags and moving to New Zealand..... EVERYONE VOTE FOR OBAMA


For full article GO HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.