Putin talks ISIS and Syrian President Assad with 60 Minutes
Smiling Putin takes to American TV: Russian President insists he is not a 'Tsar' and supports Syrian dictator Assad in the war against ISIS in rare 60 Minutes interview
- Putin was speaking ahead of New York UN summit he will attend tomorrow
- Dismissed criticism that he is a political Tsar, saying name 'does not fit'
- Also issued veiled criticism of U.S. military intervention in the Middle East
- Continued to back the Assad regime in the fight against ISIS in Sryia
- But he also praised Americans for their 'creativity' in solving problems
Putin is coming to New York on 28 September