Tuesday 2 June 2020

Son of Minnesota Attorney General supports ANTIFA

Minnesota City Council 
Member Declares Support 
For Antifa

1 June, 2020

While many have condemned Antifa and similar groups for destroying Minneapolis and other cities, Minneapolis city council member for Ward 5 (and son of the Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison) Jeremiah Ellison tweeted Sunday that he is not among them. Indeed, he is declaring his support for Antifa.  Some of us have long opposed Antifa as a vehemently anti-free speech group.  Ellison does not seem to include free speech among his priorities for voters in Ward 5.
Ellison tweeted:
I hereby declare, officially, my support for ANTIFA,” Ellison said. “Unless someone can prove to me ANTIFA is behind the burning of black and immigrant owned businesses in my ward, I’ll keep focusing on stopping the white power terrorist THE ARE ACTUALLY ATTACKING US!”


I hereby declare, officially, my support for ANTIFA

Unless someone can prove to me ANTIFA is behind the burning of black and immigrant owned businesses in my ward, I’ll keep focusing on stopping the white power terrorist THE ARE ACTUALLY ATTACKING US! https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1267129644228247552 

We previously discussed Attorney General Keith Ellison’s past support for Antifa. I have been a long-standing critic of the group.  Keith Ellison recently made controversial statements about the Minneapolis police.
I have opposed the President’s declaration that Antifa will be designated a terrorist organization. However, it is baffling to see a city council member embracing this violent group as his own city is burned and looted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.