White House Announces Exact Time of Trump, Kim First Meeting on June 12
4 June, 2018
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) - The first meeting between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un will take place at 9:00 a.m. Singapore time on June 12, White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a press briefing on Monday.
"The schedule, tentatively, for that first meeting will be on June 12 at 9:00 a.m. Singapore time and take place on June 11, 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time," Sanders told reporters
The US advance team, which arrived in Singapore last week, is finalizing "logistical preparations" for the historic meeting and will remain there until the summit begins, Sanders added.
A US delegation remains in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) working with a North Korean delegation ahead of the summit, according to the White House. Sanders characterized their work as "positive" and added that "progress has been made."
Not to be outdone by the US, Russian President Vladimir Putin has reportedly invited North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to visit Russia in September, Russian-language media reported.
A KCNA report quoted Mr Assad as saying: "I am going to visit the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) and meet Kim Jong Un."
It said Mr Assad made the comments on Wednesday while receiving diplomatic credential documents from North Korean ambassador Mun Jong Nam.
There was no indication such a trip had been planned and Syria has not confirmed the comments.
The report also quoted Mr Assad saying he was sure Mr Kim would "achieve the final victory and realise the reunification of Korea".
According to KCNA, Mr Assad said: "The world welcomes the remarkable events in the Korean Peninsula brought about recently by the outstanding political calibre and wise leadership of Kim Jong Un."
Iran to inform IAEA on start of process to raise uranium enrichment capacity
The Syrian troops stationed in the southern countryside of Deir Ezzor province, foiled massive ISIS infiltration attempt from the eastern flank of Euphrates river.
SANA agency reported on Sunday, “Units of Syrian Arab Army thwarted infiltration attempt by terrorist groups of Daesh (ISIS) to the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor province, inflicting losses upon their ranks and equipment.”
The ISIS terrorists control the village of “Al-Sha’fah” launched a swift-assault targeting the Syrian positions along the western flank of Euphrates. however, the SAA units managed to repel their offensive.
Meanwhile, the Syrian defensive troops also defended against another ISIS surprise attack was concentrated on “Al-Hasrat” village that located north of Al-Bukamal city, according to SANA.
Syrian tribesmen have meet and concluded the only way to remove the US from their land is by force and they seem bent on preparing the Gurilla war fare of the desert to do just that. At the same time Trump vows to leave the North and turkeys command and the south in agreement with Russia and Syrian President.
On top of existing 20,000-man NATO Response Force
Saber Strike 18 drills will kick off in Poland and the Baltic States of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, with over 18,000 soldiers from 19 countries participating in the event. It will also be the first time such large-scale military drills are conducted in the region.
According to the Haaretz news outlet, Israel will take part in the Saber Strike 18 drills, marking the first-ever joint military exercises of the country with NATO forces.
Israel is sending a few dozen soldiers, who are set to partake in the second, less extensive stage of the drills.
Saudi King Salman has threatened to take military action against neighboring Qatar if the nation follows through with a plan to install an anti-aircraft defense system.