Thursday, 4 May 2017

Crisis in Korea - 05/03/2017

North Korea Threatens China With "Grave
Consequences" Over
"Betrayal"




3 May, 2017



Earlier this morning we reported that according to Korea Times, China had allegedly sent North Korea what amount to a final warning over its military provocations. The rumor cited the May issue of Hong Kong monthly news outlet Dong Xiang. It said a Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs junior minister invited Park Myung-ho, an official of North Korea, for a meeting. China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi attended the meeting and asked his junior to read aloud the warning to the North over the nuclear test. The memorandum mentioned that China will condemn strongly, pull back on all economic cooperation and even blockade North Korea if it conducted the test.

It didn't take Korea long to respond...

I
n an almost unprecedented criticism of China on Wednesday, North Korea's state media said Chinese state media commentaries calling for tougher sanctions over Pyongyang's nuclear program were undermining relations with Beijing and worsening tensions. As Reuters reports, a commentary carried by the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) slammed China’s "insincerity and betrayal," referring to recent commentaries in China's People's Daily and Global Times newspapers, which it said were "widely known as media speaking for the official stand of the Chinese party and government."

The response was terse and aggressive...


"A string of absurd and reckless remarks are now heard from China every day only to render the present bad situation tenser."
"China had better ponder over the grave consequences to be entailed by its reckless act of chopping down the pillar of the DPRK-China relations,"


The KCNA commentary charged that the Chinese articles had attempted to shift the blame to Pyongyang for "deteriorated relations" between China and North Korea and U.S. deployment of strategic assets to the region. It also accused China of "hyping up" damage caused by North Korean nuclear tests to China's three northeastern provinces.

Chinese state media calls for North Korea to dismantle its nuclear program were "a wanton violation of the independent and legitimate rights, dignity and supreme interests" of North Korea and constituted "an undisguised threat to an honest-minded neighboring country which has a long history and tradition of friendship," it said.
North Korea's "media" responded by explaining that the nuclear program was needed for the "existence and development" of the country and "can never be changed nor shake."

The bottom line is that the window for threading a diplomatic solution, brokered by China, is closing rapidly...







"The DPRK will never beg for the maintenance of friendship with China."






China Reportedly Issues 

Final Warning To North 

Korea



3 May, 2017



With President Trump placing his faith in China's ability to keep its neighbor under 

control - through threats, promises, or oil embargoes - it appears, according to 

unconfirmed rumors spreading widely on Chinese social media Tuesday, that 


North Korea just got its final warning.

As Korea Times reports, Chinese news outlets have previously said Beijing could turn its back on Pyongyang if the latter conducted a sixth nuclear test. But the rumor that China has given North Korea a final warning has drawn particular interest from Weibo users.


China has sent a final warning to North Korea over its military provocations.

The rumor cited the May issue of Hong Kong monthly news outlet Dong Xiang



It said a Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs junior minister invited Park Myung-ho, an official of North Korea, for a meeting. China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi attended the meeting and asked his junior to read aloud the warning to the North over the nuclear test.
The memorandum mentioned that China will condemn strongly, pull back on all economic cooperation and even blockade North Korea if it conducted the test.

A Chinese netizen said: "Maybe the bond between the nations is not that strong as we thought. North Korea is completely surrounded by enemies now."

The Chinese government did not provide any explanation or correction to the rumor, but this follows reports ofChina's embassy warning citizens in North Korea to "return home" as fears grow of escalation with the US.


Korea Times Newspaper: 

China issues "final warning" 

to North Korea







3 May, 2017



The Korea Times newspaper is publicly reporting that China has sent a final 

warning to North Korea over its military provocations, citing unconfirmed rumors 

spreading widely on Chinese social media "WEIBO" Tuesday.



Chinese news outlets have previously said Beijing could turn its back on 

Pyongyang if the latter conducted a sixth nuclear test. But the rumor that China 

has given North Korea a final warning has drawn particular interest from Weibo u

sers.



The rumor cited the May issue of Hong Kong monthly news outlet Dong Xiang. It 

said a Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs junior minister invited Park Myung-ho, 

an official of North Korea, for a meeting.



China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi attended the meeting and asked his junior to 

read aloud the warning to the North over the nuclear test. The memorandum 

mentioned that China will condemn strongly, pull back on all economic 

cooperation and even blockade North Korea if it conducted the test.



A Chinese netizen said: “Maybe the bond between the nations is not that strong 

as we thought. North Korea is completely surrounded by enemies now.”



The Chinese government did not provide any explanation or correction to the 

rumor.



SuperStation95 has confirmed that the government of China "declines to explain 

or correct" the rumor. This fact is a stunning development because China tightly c

ontrols media outlets. For them to "decline to explain or correct" is tantamount to 

confirming the validity of the information without losing face or causing North 

Korea to lose face.




In Latest Warning To North 


Korea, USReleases Video Of 


Overnight Minuteman III ICBM 


Launch



3 May, 2017

As previewed last night, this morning the US Air Force confirmed that another unarmed Minuteman III ICBM missile capable of sending a nuclear bomb across the world was launched early on Wednesday from California's Vanderberg Air Force base, in what was a second clear signal of nuclear deterrence aimed squarely at North Korea and took place one week after the US test fired another ICBM under identical circumstances.

The unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile blasted off from a silo at 12:02 a.m. from Vandenberg Air Force Base and delivered a single re-entry vehicle to a target approximately 4,200 miles away at Kwajalein Atoll in the Pacific Ocean, the Air Force Global Strike Command said. The test, which reprotedly took 10 months to plan, was the latest designed "to check the readiness and accuracy of a weapon system that forms part of the U.S. nuclear force" but in reality was the second strong message sent to Kim Jong-Un in the span of one week. 
This is the statement Vanderberg released shortly after the launch:







Airmen from Malmstrom and Vandenberg Air Force bases conducted an operational test launch of an unarmed Minuteman III missile. The test launch used an intercontinental ballistic missile pulled randomly from a silo on Malmstrom Air Force Base, which was then transported and reassembled at Vandenberg, and launched by crew members from the 341st Missile Wing. The ICBM was equipped with a single test reentry vehicle, and traveled approximately 4,200 miles to a test range near the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands. These ICBM test launches verify the accuracy and reliability of the weapon system, providing valuable data to ensure a safe, secure and effective nuclear deterrent.

It also released the following video of the ICBM launch, which we are confident will be closely watched by everyone in the Kim Jong-Un administration.










The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to validate and verify the 

effectiveness, readiness, and accuracy of the weapon system.”



Message to Korea? US 

launches 2nd Minuteman III 

ballistic missile in 7 days




Propaganda from CNN



Activity reported at N.Korea 

nuclear test site

No comments:

Post a Comment