Monday 2 January 2017

More on Suzie Dawson

Could this be about 2 terabytes of material to find itself later on Wikileaks?

NZ Blogger seeks political asylum in Russia

NZ blogger, Suzie Dawson is seeking political asylum in Russia.

2 January, 2017


I’ve known Suzie for about 3 or 4 years. She has attracted intense scrutiny and harassment from the NZ SIS and GCSB because of her proximity to senior members of Anonymous and Occupy. The harassment of her has been pretty extreme and exhausting and I suspect it has taken a toll on her and her young family. What must have been the straw that broke the camels back to seek asylum in Russia has been the allegation of a recent theft of 2 terabytes of information from the National Government.
My understanding is that the Government Intelligence Agencies very much want those two terabytes of information back and are going to pretty extreme levels to keep a mainstream media blackout over it missing at all.
My guess is that those intelligence agencies won’t get it back and that it’s going to explode on wikileaks.
Couldn’t happen to a nicer pack of bastards.
Kia kaha Suzie, remember the Russian’s play for keeps

A reponse from Suzie
Thanks Martyn, kind of you.
Just a couple things – I applied for asylum in late September, Kim didn’t tell me about the 2TB leak said to be coming in 2017 until mid December.
More details about why I applied for asylum are here: http://wearechange.org/wrc-journalist-applied-asylum-russia/ and you can follow my situation on this Tumblr:http://helpsuzi3d.tumblr.com
Also I don’t know any “senior members” of Anonymous… nor should they exist given that it’s meant to be a horizontal hierarchy… though it is true that some big Anon accounts circulated my reporting from Occupy days onwards.
Either way, cheers for helping to bring this to light.
Suzie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.