Thursday 8 December 2016

An apology to the Lakota nation


Wesley Clark Jr apologizes to the Lakota nation



An incredible moment of healing at Standing Rock: Hundreds of veterans ask Native elders for forgiveness.

We fought you
. We took your land. We signed treaties that we broke. We stole minerals from your sacred hills. We blasted the faces of our presidents onto your sacred mountain… We didn’t respect you, we polluted your Earth, we’ve hurt you in so many ways but we’ve come to say that we are sorry. We are at your service and we beg for your forgiveness.” – Wes Clark, Jr.
More about Wesley Clark Jr and this amazing event here:
All I want to add here is to express my utmost respect and admiration for Wesley Clark Jr and all the veterans who joined him.  As we say in Russian “just one righteous man saves the entire city“.
The Saker
UPDATE1: the first two comments I got to this post where both outraged reactions of defenders of the “White race”.  Oh boy, I knew that “patriots” would have a fit, but I had hoped that this would be balanced out by more rational comments. I don’t want my mods to spend hours wading into a intellectual cesspool of racist comments so if this continues, I will simply shut down all comments under this post.  Also, moderation rule #3 will be ruthlessly enforced :-P  You have been warned :-)
UPDATE2: okay, the dummies win.  I shut down the comments.  Too many “White race” trolls out there tonight.
The Saker



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.