Obama Responds To Saudi Threat To Dump Treasuries If Its Role In Sept 11 Is Probed
What was curious about the story is that while Saudi Arabia implicitly admitted it had a role in the September 11, the Obama administration was actively doing everything in its power to prevent the Bill from passing, and thus to keep the truth under wraps, leading many to wonder if Obama was more concerned about his own people or a handful of uber-wealthy Saudi princes.
Moments ago White House spokesman Josh Earnest chimed in, and validated all of those fears.
- EARNEST: BILL WOULD OPEN U.S. TO GLOBAL LEGAL VULNERABILITIES
- WHITE HOUSE SAYS IT IS CONFIDENT THAT SAUDIS RECOGNIZE THE SHARED INTEREST WITH THE U.S. IN PROTECTING STABILITY OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL SYSTEM
- EARNEST: DON'T KNOW IF BILL WILL BE TOPIC ON OBAMA SAUDI VISIT
And the punchline:
- EARNEST COMMENTS ON BILL TO ALLOW LAWSUITS BY SEPT. 11 FAMILIES
- EARNEST SAYS BILL TO ALLOW LAWSUITS AGAINST SAUDI CONCERNING
- EARNEST: OBAMA WOULDN'T SIGN SUE-SAUDI BILL AS DRAFTED
In short: whether due to the Saudi threat, or just because of its default position on the matter, Obama will block the Bill and no further probes into Saudi involvement in the Sept 11 tragedy will be allowed.
And with that any concerns about whether the US president represents not only the interests of the Sept 11 victims and their families, but all all American people, and is intent on discovering who the real culprit behind the deadliest terrorist attack on US soil, as opposed to the interests of few Saudi billionaires and would much rather have the truth remain suppressed in 28 top secret pages and certainly in the public domain, were just answered.
9/11 families hit Obama for ‘siding with Saudi Arabia,’ want secret report declassified
Judge tosses 9/11 suit against Saudi Arabia, citing sovereign immunity http://on.rt.com/6sp5
Iran ordered to pay $10.5 billion for 9/11 by US judge http://on.rt.com/76me