Wednesday 8 July 2015

Problems with the blog

I am having familiar problems with getting stuff onto the blog just as the shit is hitting the fan with Greece and have resported to a clunky, unresponsonsive (in short, useless) computer at the public library to get the most important stuff up.

I have lost almost all connectivity on the internet

Seemorerocks

 

Almost 24 hours later and Internet is still down. I can email, access the Guardian and Radio NZ,and, most amazingly, still skype. But that is all. None of the normal access to any sites, no Twitter, no Facebook, no google or any other searches, NO BLOG.

This has happened several times at key moments and started when I altered an account with Vodophone (yes, Vodophone the spies) to an ultra fast, unlimited broadband account. From that moment my internet became ULTRA SLOW and unreliable. On one occasion I was excluded from the Internet for about 48 mins. When I rang Vodophone they denied the problem but the next morning everything was back to normal.

Problems continued until I changed provider after they asked me to give my password over the phone ("most consumers are happy with that")

Since changing to Orcon problems continued. I used to lose my connection and ring up and go through a complicated and convoluted prices to reset my password only for the problem to recur 24 hours later.

Things have gone OK for quite a while until my partner, Pam (with whom I share an account) accidentally wiped most of what was on the computer and had to have everything reinstalled, since when things have started going wrong again, including a problem the ISP can't fix because they say a password has to be fixed by Microsoft - I am on a Mac!.

It remains to be seen if this current problem can be resolved.

In the meantime (esp. given problems that Guy McPherson and others have had with attacks, including a pretty sophisticated on recently.

I am a one man band and have no webmaster or wizard.

This could of course be something else but I am not an adherent of the Law of Infinite Coincidence which says that no problem has a link to previous problems and always has, an innocent explanation.

One never knows, but always suspects that this is the NSA/GCSB playing around to stop the truth about some pretty evil stuff getting out.

If it is the goons, I have the message. Stop fucking around with me and restore my connectivity, which is not a state-given privilege, but a human right that goes by the name freedom of speech.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.