Monday 20 July 2015

On Living and Dying

A few times in recent years I have heard messages that have immediately resonated and provided a message that I have needed at that time.

Significant examples of this would be discovering both Michael C Ruppert and Guy McPherson. In both cases I have been fully ready to hear what they have been saying (or even waiting maybe) and this has allowed me to take my understanding to a new level.

I think that this interview with Stephen Jenkinson ( with whom I have hitherto been unfamiliar), has provided a similar function as I struggle both with serious illness and an understanding of the life and death of life on this planet.

It has given me much to contemplate and I shall, with no doubt, be exploring this further.

I feel confident that this will resonate with many.

Many thanks to Myrn and Mike for the interview which I extracted from today's Extinction Radio

Stephen Jenkinson discusses extinction, death and dying




OTHER MATERIAL

On Grief and Climate Change

An audio excerpt from a longer talk recorded at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada. The topic of the evening was “Wisdom Working for Climate Change.” 

People of the world are unconsciously mourning the devastating impact we are having on our planet. 

Stephen Jenkinson explores the question “Is it too late to avoid catastrophe?”






The Making of Humans

The relentless pursuit of self reliance and self improvement is rooted in our lost connection to common stories, homeland and ancestors that bind and unite us. 

The times now demand that we recognize the world’s suffering in our own. 

Short film, shot & directed by Ian Mackenzie.





Stephen Jenkinson - The Meaning of Death





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, Robin and for providing all of these Jenkinson resources. He really is a remarkable man. After the tape stopped running I told him that, for me, the gist of his work seems to be teaching us to become human...perhaps as we have envisioned it, but few in our societies have achieved. I had some trouble when interviewing him, actually, because so much of his work resonates so personally for me...had to resist the urge to turn it into a therapy session with me weeping. Take care friend and thank you for all that you do for the world.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.