Thursday, 30 October 2014

The sound of jackboots

Don’t worry – the orders for this come straight from the Leader of this fascist nation (or let's take it right back to its source in the USA)

The NZ Herald, which seems to support Nicky Hager has it in for Kim Dotcom.

This fucking country is preparing to send one of its citizens for a long jail sentence for an alleged "copyright infringement" - all based on a traffic conviction.

Immigration NZ: Kim Dotcom deportation an option
Immigration NZ says it may need to consider whether it has to deport Kim Dotcom.



30 October, 2014


Immigration NZ says it may need to consider whether it has to deport Kim Dotcom.

Officials were this morning making contact with the police to confirm a previously unknown dangerous driving conviction, revealed by the Herald today.

The conviction was not declared by Dotcom on his application for residency even though it came from a speeding incident just eight months before he made his application to live in New Zealand.

Applicants for residency are obliged to make a full disclosure of previous convictions and seek a "special direction" waiver.

Dotcom did so for a hacking conviction in 1994 and an insider trading conviction in 2001 - but there was no reference to the dangerous driving charge, to which he pleaded guilty on September 14, 2009.

He had been travelling at 149km/h in a 50km/h zone in Albany, on Auckland's North Shore.

In the residency form, Dotcom signed in June 2010, there is a clear tick in the box declaring no dangerous driving conviction.

The Herald obtained details of the conviction from the North Shore District Court, where it was recorded under the name "Kim Schmitz", the identity under which Dotcom was born.

Kim Dotcom's residency application (App users click here)
DOCUMENT
PAGES
TEXT
Zoom
p. 1
p. 2
p. 3

Kim Dotcom's residence special direction (App users click here)
DOCUMENT
PAGES
TEXT
Zoom
p. 1
p. 2
p. 3


The Immigration NZ statement said the agency would check with police to "confirm if there are any undeclared convictions relating to Mr Dotcom.

"If any adverse information is obtained, INZ will assess if there is any liability for deportation. Any such assessment could take several months to complete."

In a written statement, Immigration NZ admitted it had no idea Dotcom had a conviction for dangerous driving until it was told by the Herald.

The statement said Immigration NZ didn't know because it never did a police check.

The statement read: "Immigration New Zealand (INZ) can confirm that Kim Dotcom did not declare a dangerous driving conviction in New Zealand.

"Normally there is no requirement for a New Zealand Police check if an applicant has lived in New Zealand for less than 12 months at the time their residence application is lodged and there are no reasonable grounds to suspect the applicant has been charged with an offence in New Zealand."

The statement said it did not check because "Mr Dotcom did not declare any convictions in New Zealand and had been living here for less than 12 months".

The undisclosed conviction is the latest in a string of decisions by Immigration NZ which have raised questions over the handling of Dotcom's residency application.

The Heraldrevealed this year Dotcom was given residency after the SIS raised a red flag over the FBI investigation. Staff at the intelligence agency later referred to "political pressure" being behind the residency application being granted - a claim the Government has denied.

Then, a month after Dotcom was granted residency, his lawyers revealed previously undisclosed share trading charges in Hong Kong. Immigration NZ staff considered deportation at the time but upheld Dotcom's residency.

Former Immigration Minister Jonathan Coleman was informed throughout the process.

Immigration NZ would initially not comment on the discovery of the dangerous driving conviction, citing Dotcom's right to "privacy".

But the statement today came after the Herald pointed to a decision by Immigration NZ to release Dotcom's entire residency file in March 2012.

At the time, Immigration NZ said it was releasing the entire file to assure the public it had acted properly in granting residency.

Immigration NZ's then-acting chief executive, Steve Stuart, said staff were "meticulous" in the checks made to grant the tycoon residency.

Mr Stuart said release of the residency file would show "the public ... how thoroughly we considered his application and that all factors were taken into account before residence was granted.

"The review found that the correct procedures and processes were indeed followed."

Dotcom and three others are facing an extradition hearing in February next year in response to charges of criminal copyright violation from the United States.

Dotcom timeline

September 10, 2009: Kim Dotcom is pulled over doing 149km/hr in a 50km/hr zone in Albany, on Auckland's North Shore.

September 14, 2009: Dotcom pleads guilty to dangerous driving through a letter presented by his lawyer to the North Shore District Curt.

June 3, 2010: Dotcom signs his residency application, revealing two convictions wiped under Germany's clean slate law. He ticks "no" to having a "dangerous driving conviction".

November 1, 2010: Dotcom has residency granted for himself and his family.

December 15, 2010: Dotcom arrives in New Zealand for the first time as a resident.

January 20, 2012: Police raid the Dotcom mansion, arresting the tycoon and three others on FBI charges of criminal copyright violation.

February 2015: The extradition hearing on the charges is scheduled to be heard.


And this lying arsehole ordered the police to spend 10 hours rampaging through Nicky Hager’s house!

John Key won't reveal Rawshark's name
The Prime Minister John Key says he won't reveal the name given to him as the identity of the hacker known as Rawshark, and won't pass it on to police.


30 October , 2014

The Prime Minister John Key says he won't reveal the name given to him as the identity of the hacker known as Rawshark, and won't pass it on to police.

"In the end if the individual who told me wants to tell the police they are welcome to do that," Mr Key said at a media conference today.

In a new chapter in John Key: Portrait of a Prime Minister, devoted to this year's election campaign, Mr Key is quoted as saying: "Someone phoned and told me who the hacker was, but other than having a look at this person, I thought, 'Oh well ... nothing will come of it. Life goes on'."

Mr Key said today he had learned from the Teapot Tapes scandal in 2011.

"I could spend my life worrying about people who undertake activities to try to discredit the government but at the end of the day it doesn't take you anywhere."

Asked whether he thought the police should be focused on investigating potential identities of Rawshark rather than investigating journalist behind the "Dirty Politics" book, Nicky Hager, Mr Key said: "That's a matter for them...
they run their own inquiries."

But the fact that Mr Key knows who hacked Whale Oil blogger Cameron Slater's computer and produced the source material for Nicky Hager's book Dirty Politics means the Prime Minister's office and home should be searched by police investigating the matter, Green Party Co-leader Russel Norman says.

A police inquiry into the hacking of the emails saw police conduct a lengthy search of Hager's Wellington home.

Dr Norman this afternoon said: "'If this is the Prime Minister now saying that he thinks he knows who Rawshark is the question for the police is why aren't they raiding his house?

"The police spent 10 hours going through Nicky Hager's house because Nicky Hager supposedly knows who Rawshark is, well the Prime Minister is now on the public record saying he knows who Rawshark is. I would expect the police to be consistent and even handed and to raid the Prime Minister's house and his office to find out who Mr Key thinks Rawshark is."

Mr Key did not divulge the name of the person to the biography's author, senior Herald editorial writer John Roughan. Asked yesterday whether the PM had referred the name to the police investigation into the stolen emails, a spokeswoman for Mr Key said though he believed he knew who the hacker was, "he cannot be certain".

Dr Norman said that if Mr Key wanted to avoid a 10-hour search of his home, "then maybe Mr Key should fess up and tell us who he thinks Rawshark is".

Roughan's book also quotes reports National Party campaign manager and Cabinet Minister Steven Joyce saying Mr Key's former senior media adviser Jason Ede stopped working for the National Party on the evening Dirty Politics was released at Wellington's Unity Books -- more than five weeks before the election.

That conflicts with a National Party statement released after the election which stated Mr Ede had resigned the day before the election.

Hager's book claims Mr Ede was a central figure in a political dirty tricks campaign run out of Mr Key's office.

Dr Norman said Mr Key should have said during the election campaign that Mr Ede was no longer working for the National Party.

"Mr Key seems to spend a lot of time as the leader of the National Party, not as the Prime Minister, so you'd think he would have known that Mr Ede was no longer working for the National Party as has been revealed today.

"If New Zealanders during the election campaign had known that Mr Ede was no longer working for the National Party they would have realised that there was a lot of weight in the very serious allegations in Nicky Hager's book, and that's why the National Party didn't want anyone to know that Mr Ede was no longer working for them."

Is John Key profiting from NZ debt?


No comments:

Post a Comment